httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <>
Subject Re: Scoreboard 3.0
Date Wed, 11 May 2016 21:16:31 GMT
On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 8:28 AM, Stefan Eissing
<> wrote:
> I got some such feedback when h2 connections truly went async and no longer showed up
as occupying a slot. I share your idea that in an event based server, threads are not the
primary dimension but connections are.

Threads (slots) are the primary dimension for what you need to monitor
to not get overrun.  The state of connections NOT running on a thread
(keepalive, write completion, lingering close) seems to me to still be
a distant second for routine work. I see value in listing individual
write-completion requests, since they could be an issue from the users
POV but would be de-emphasized in current server-status.

View raw message