httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Timers and mpm-event
Date Fri, 13 May 2016 14:06:51 GMT
On Fri, May 13, 2016 at 7:02 AM, Stefan Eissing
<stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:
> 1. Is this ever intended to work on a socket that is a main connection? Since event itself
will add this socket to its pollset  now and then, I see a potential conflict. But that can
be resolved, since mod_http2 is only interested in the callback while *inside* process_connection.
If could unregister before returning or whatever is helpful.

Yes, but the only user so far is pretty unique as it is basically a
handler that drops down into TCP forwarding mode so there are really
no HTTP or filters around anymore.

But I would think that by the time you can register such a callback,
the socket is not in the pollset -- it only sits in there when we're
waiting on it (to pop from keepalive, to become writable, or to close
out)

> 2. I assume the callback gets invoked on whatever worker thread is currently available?
it probably should return rather immediately, I assume?

yes, it gets sent down to the queue of normal event worker threads --
the same ones that would otherwise handle e.g. a new connection or a
keepalive request request showing up on an old connection.  When
healthy this is meant to happen immediately.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com