httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: End of the road of 2.2.x maintenance?
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 18:03:14 GMT
On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 1:38 PM, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> Are we ready to start the 12 month countdown as of the next/final bug
> fix release of 2.2, and highlight this in both the 2.2 and 2.4 announce
> broadcasts?

One shortcoming of a 12 month countdown is that some folks will not be
able to plan/pitch/budget/execute a migration in 12 calendar months
because of bad timing.

As long as we're not committing to releases in this window, I'd
personally be okay with pushing out to 18 months re: the later
feedback in this thread. I don't feel too strongly about > 12 months
notice, but I will still have a 2.2-derivative in support beyond that
window anyway.