httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy_hcheck backport
Date Mon, 16 May 2016 13:19:45 GMT

> On May 14, 2016, at 9:28 PM, DRuggeri@primary.net wrote:
>
> On 2016-05-12 16:33, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> Looking, begging, pleading for tests and votes :)
>
> Yup! You got mine.

THANKS! This feature seemed to cause a lot of buzz @ ApacheCon so
would be very very nice to have in 2.4.21.

> Side question that popped into my mind as I was reviewing the code... Would it make sense
to have a "transitional" status for the time between 0 failures and when hcfails threshold
is breached? I wonder because there may be a reason to have multiple failures configured before
marking the backend out of service (plus a potentially long hcinterval for whatever reason)
and it'd be nice if an admin can be informed of a "yellow" condition if they are futzing around
elsewhere in the balancer manager or are monitoring its output otherwise.

Hmmm... The balancer-manager page does display the configured
values for 'hcpasses' and 'hcfails' as well as the current count
of passes/fails. Is that sufficient?