httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <>
Subject Re: file bucket, mmaps and SIGBUS
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 11:56:53 GMT

> Am 19.04.2016 um 13:50 schrieb Yann Ylavic <>:
> Hi Stefan,
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 12:02 PM, Stefan Eissing
> <> wrote:
>> The reported problem of segmentation faults in mod_http2 during a graceful restart
seems to boil down to the fact that the document root is updated at the same time. On my OS
X I can reproduce the SIGBUS when GETting the same 10 MB file again and again and copying
over it.
> Well known issue of mmap() with truncated files :/
>> However I'd like to understand the problem and my options here: what would I need
to do to use mmap'ed files properly? Catch SIGBUS during the copy? Advice appreciated.
> Playing with SIGBUS is not wise IMHO, you could possibly disable
> mmap() on a per bucket basis by using apr_bucket_file_enable_mmap()...

Thanks Yann, I tested that already and it works nicely. I see no negative impacts on my OS
X tests, even some perf improvements for large files.

Off it is then.

- Stefan
View raw message