httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Upgrade: h2" header for HTTP/1.1 via TLS (Bug 59311)
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2016 13:07:52 GMT
On Tue, Apr 19, 2016 at 8:57 AM, Michael Kaufmann
<mail@michael-kaufmann.ch> wrote:
> Yes, you are right. But with the response header "Upgrade: h2", Apache is
> telling the client "you may send such a header" when in fact this is not
> allowed.

Devils advocate:  Apache is telling the client at the application
layer its protocol support and preferences. Something it couldn't
actually do with ALPN.

If the client knows HTTP/2 it has knows the particulars of the Upgrade.

I'd suggest taking it up with the HTTP/2 workgroup mailing list.