httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject allow newlines in T_ESCAPE_LOGITEM?
Date Wed, 13 Apr 2016 19:43:45 GMT
Currently newlines get backslash-escaped if written to the errorlog.
This is via server/gen_test_char.c and stems from an ancient vuln
about escape sequences in log files potentially affecting peoples
terminals when cat'ed.

On a few occasions I have worked with some libraries that return a
newline-formatted buffer that I'd love to dump to the error log
without scanning and splitting up into multiple log entries.

I also occasionally see \n's from third-party mods once in a while.

Any opinions on punching a hole for \n in T_ESCAPE_LOGITEM?