httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1732275 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x: ./ include/ap_mmn.h include/http_connection.h include/scoreboard.h modules/generators/mod_status.c modules/ssl/ssl_engine_kernel.c server/connection.c server/mpm/event/event.c server/scoreboard.c
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 19:48:29 GMT
On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 9:40 PM, olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de> wrote:
> I've done a quick test with
>  $ ab -n 10000 -c 100 $host/$url
>
> During the test the count of idle worker are incrementing and decrementing but it ab
has finished the requests the count of idle workers stays on the last highest count ...

This looks normal to me, did the bahaviour changed w.r.t. 2.4.19?

When the stress is running, the number of idlers (workers that do
nothing) fluctuates, according to the number of connections/requests
and children created to sustain the load.

When the load stops, the number of idlers increases, and won't
decrease unless MaxSpareThreads is reached (i.e. children are stopped,
each releasing ThreadsPerChild idlers).

Regards,
Yann.