httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1732275 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x: ./ include/ap_mmn.h include/http_connection.h include/scoreboard.h modules/generators/mod_status.c modules/ssl/ssl_engine_kernel.c server/connection.c server/mpm/event/event.c server/scoreboard.c
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 20:14:18 GMT
On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 10:05 PM, olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de> wrote:
> On 2016-04-14 21:48, Yann Ylavic wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 9:40 PM, olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de> wrote:
>>> I've done a quick test with
>>>  $ ab -n 10000 -c 100 $host/$url
>>>
>>> During the test the count of idle worker are incrementing and decrementing but
it ab has finished the requests the count of idle workers stays on the last highest count

>> This looks normal to me, did the bahaviour changed w.r.t. 2.4.19?
>>
>> When the stress is running, the number of idlers (workers that do
>> nothing) fluctuates, according to the number of connections/requests
>> and children created to sustain the load.
>>
>> When the load stops, the number of idlers increases, and won't
>> decrease unless MaxSpareThreads is reached (i.e. children are stopped,
>> each releasing ThreadsPerChild idlers).
>>

> Ah, OK this will explain the numbers.
> Unluckily I haven't looked to scoreboard with 2.4.19, but give me some minutes ...

Could you also confirm with 2.4.20 + my patch that the Client, VHost
and Request colomns are always filled with latest values (not empty)
for idle workers (used at least once)?

This requires "ExtendedStatus on" (or default) for the corresponding
table to be displayed by mod_status.

Thanks for testing!