httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: proxy API compat break in 2.4.7
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 19:36:38 GMT
The first most important documentation of this should be in ap_mmn.h,
as we've done in the past (you'll see some highlights).

A note under the CHANGES entry for 2.4.7 seems worthwhile.

Pointing this out under Announcement seems appropriate, that users
of third party mod_proxy-consuming modules will need to recompile
those modules when upgrading from 2.4.1 - 2.4.6.

I can't think of another obvious place, other than any related doxygen.

It seems to late to correct this situation, as half the world will benefit
from leaving things as they are, and the other half of the world would
have an easier time migrating from 2.4.early to 2.4.now.  Lose lose
situation in my mind, so best to leave as-is, with docs.