httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: proxy API compat break in 2.4.7
Date Fri, 08 Apr 2016 16:55:39 GMT
Ahh... yes, for 3rd party modules depending on mod_proxy, or
using mod_proxy, they would need to be recompiled.

Ideally, we should have put these at the end of the struct
as we do with the more "major" structs.

> On Apr 7, 2016, at 2:09 PM, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:
>
> Revision 1560081 (backport of r1533087) introduced "char uds_path[PROXY_WORKER_MAX_NAME_SIZE]"
in the middle of the proxy_worker_shared structure which IMHO broke compatibility between
2.4.6 and 2.4.7.

> I noticed it just now, because I was implementing a custom LB method and during runtime
it always found s->status to be 0. I had compiled it against an old 2.4.4 to ensure not
using later features, but was testing inside 2.4.18. Thus the offset of the status field calculated
for 2.4.4 actually pointed into the long uds_path string which wasn't used and probably calloced
with zeroes.