httpd-dev mailing list archives

From olli hauer <oha...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1732275 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x: ./ include/ap_mmn.h include/http_connection.h include/scoreboard.h modules/generators/mod_status.c modules/ssl/ssl_engine_kernel.c server/connection.c server/mpm/event/event.c server/scoreboard.c
Date Thu, 14 Apr 2016 17:10:06 GMT
On 2016-04-13 22:04, Yann Ylavic wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 11:27 AM,  <icing@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: icing
>> Date: Thu Feb 25 10:27:27 2016
>> New Revision: 1732275

>> Log:
>> merging pre_close_connection hook, prep_lingering_close and ap_update_child() additions
from trunk

>> Modified:
> []
>>     httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/server/scoreboard.c
> []
>
> This seems to have changed mod_status' output.
> Prior to this change the previous values were displayed until the
> worker was reused for another connection/request, now it is reset as
> soon as the worker is idle (i.e. each connection/request end).
>
> I prefer the new behaviour, but there are some concerns on users@...

I got this morning a request from a FreeBSD user to back-port r1739008, and
also already the feedback that scoreboard is usable again with the patch.

Since I cannot find a reference in branches/2.4.x/STATUS for r1739008 I told the
user I will ask additional upstream devs if they think it is OK to include
the patch until a new httpd release will be shipped.

Do you see any potential issues if r1739008 will be back-ported, or is there
additional work for a better patch in work?

--
olli