httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: Buildbot for httpd
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2016 16:38:46 GMT
Hi Luca,

I, for one, would like a nightly build on several platforms and also be able to trigger one.
We have several build system and if we could cover those in a better way that'd be indeed
helpful.

As to running test suites, i am not certain we'd want that necessarily at the start...

Stefan

ASF: https://ci.apache.org/buildbot.html
> The list of features seems great and several projects are already using it, including
APR, httpd-doxygen and the httpd staging website (https://ci.apache.org/builders). It could
be used as support tool to help developers while testing commits on multiple platforms (of
course without aiming to replace manual "human" testing from our community).

so this idea might be totally useless, but in case you like it let me know your thoughts and
I'll start taking a look to the work needed to set up a basic testing automation (with the
help of the infra team, trying to free them as much as possible from configuration details).

> There are pros and cons of having an automation like this one, for example having excessive
spurious spam/headaches due build failures, so the first step would only be to try it and
see if it brings value to the project.