httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Ehrhardt <php...@ehrhardt.nl>
Subject Re: mod_http2 on Windows (was: Re: Status for 2.4.20)
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 13:49:48 GMT
William A Rowe Jr in gmane.comp.apache.devel (Thu, 24 Mar 2016 07:58:45
-0500):
>Precisely, Jan.  We don't know where these truncation errors lead - do they
>portentially open security holes?  They cetainly interefere with serving
>huge resources such as .iso images.
>
>When I first tripped over this, I breifly pondered putting together a
>patch.  PHP, httpd (through apr) dealt with all this long ago.

Apparently, you never compiled PHP 5.5/5.6/7.0 on Windows 64-bits. There
are loads of 'possible loss of data' warnings. See for yourself:
http://windows.php.net/downloads/snaps/master/r454ae8a/logs/make-ts-windows-vc14-x64-r454ae8a.html

Even in the 32-bits PHP 7 there are some:
http://windows.php.net/downloads/snaps/master/r454ae8a/logs/make-ts-windows-vc14-x86-r454ae8a.html

Jan