httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Ehrhardt <php...@ehrhardt.nl>
Subject Re: mod_http2 on Windows (was: Re: Status for 2.4.20)
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2016 16:40:59 GMT
William A Rowe Jr in gmane.comp.apache.devel (Thu, 24 Mar 2016 09:16:17
-0500):
>> http://windows.php.net/downloads/snaps/master/r454ae8a/logs/make-ts-windows-vc14-x64-r454ae8a.html
>
>It's been a *long* time, and I know it hadn't been that well maintained
>for non-Linux (non-BSD) target architectures.

On the contrary: Windows support for PHP has made a big jump. The release
master of PHP7 is even a Microsoft employee.

>> Even in the 32-bits PHP 7 there are some:
>>
>> http://windows.php.net/downloads/snaps/master/r454ae8a/logs/make-ts-windows-vc14-x86-r454ae8a.html
>
>With a bit of luck - many of these are resolved by simply jumping up to
>Visual Studio 2015 (and removing any number of win32-specific bandaids
>that covered some warts in the earlier stdc lib)?

Read carefully: these are the results when compiling with VC14 == VS2015.
This is the way the official PHP7 binaries are built.

Jan