httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Houser, Rick" <rick.hou...@jackson.com>
Subject RE: access control for dynamic hosts
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 15:38:11 GMT
Forward doesn’t mean dynamic, however, and using one particular solution like that is misleading,
IMO.  Using “forward-dns” makes more sense to me.

That said, how would you intend to handle multiple A records for the same name: look them
all up and store in a table, or support only one A record per name?  At a minimum, I think
that needs to be clearly documented.

Rick Houser

From: Yehuda Katz [mailto:yehuda@ymkatz.net]
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2016 10:09 AM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: access control for dynamic hosts

dyndns is a company name, but it seems to be synonymous for a lot of systems with dynamic-dns.
That would make a recognizable option for a lot of people.

- Y

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 10:00 AM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com<mailto:covener@gmail.com>>
wrote:
On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 9:53 AM,  <fabien@apache.org<mailto:fabien@apache.org>>
wrote:
> Maybe "Require ip" could be extended instead of using a new name:
>
>   "Require ip myserver.apache.org<http://myserver.apache.org>"

Unfortunately I think you need to pick an awkward name here so it
cannot be confused/misused.  Like "forward-dns"