httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Noel Butler <noel.but...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: Status for 2.4.20
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 11:58:18 GMT
On 23/03/2016 20:56, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Let's see: I recalled the vote for 2.4.19 because of a
> single issue, basically related to a missing few lines in
> a file which prevented building on Win. Nice, easy, simple
> fix.
>
> Now it appears that a slew of "fixes" related to Win have
> been applied which, according to some, makes the whole build-
> on-Win situation much much worse.
>
> Now I have no idea what the status of HEAD for 2.4 is and,
> as a result, we are delaying the T&R and eventual release of
> 2.4.19/20. All because a 4-line fix turned into a master-refactor
> at the last minute.
>
> I am tempted to revert 2.4 back...

as stated previously, this shit will happen when certain people push
with a release often mentality

AFAIK there is *ZERO* critical exploit bugs to be patched by any pending
release, so lets get house in order  S T A B L E , then worry about
releases, jesus christ, we are not ubuntu or redhat with set programs to
release every 3 or 6 months regardless if shit is ready or not.....

flame away... IDGAF

--
If you have the urge to reply to all rather than reply to list, you best
first read  http://members.ausics.net/qwerty/