httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: state of h2 (long)
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 14:46:18 GMT
On 29 Feb 2016, at 10:33 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:

> I've been digging into how we could better leverage serf on the mod_proxy
> side w/o going the route of mod_serf itself...  Agreed that using
> pollsets et.al. would be useful. Maybe some of the motorz mpm logic
> could be used by mod_proxy…?

I currently think everything we need is now there.

I am in the process of adding TCP protocol support to the core and to the proxy (in other
words we can be a TCP proxy in addition to an HTTP proxy), and am trying to see what problems
we run into that stop us doing this asynchronously.

(What I want to achieve is an SNI proxy, in other words a TCP proxy that interprets enough
of an SSL handshake to extract the SNI header, and use that name as the basis of a TCP tunnel
to some backend server which then completes that SSL handshake. My end goal is that I can
TLS client certificate all the way to a backend server without terminating that TLS connection
on the proxy, and not use a dedicated IP per endpoint.)

Regards,
Graham
—