httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy_wstunnel incomplete handshake
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2016 17:39:25 GMT
Actually I was working on these lands lately to implement some Upgrade
forwarding.

I ended up with the attached patch (still incomplete, but working)
which moves some mod_proxy_wstunnel parts (TCP-forwarding) to
proxy_util and finally uses the parsing/power of mod_proxy_http for
this achievement.
The patch is based on 2.4.18 and does not apply to trunk or 2.4.x due
latest changes wrt lifetime_transform buckets, but could be easily
adapted...

I think handling Upgrade in mod_proxy_http would "deprecate"
mod_proxy_wstunnel which, as Tijs noticed, can't handle conditional
Upgrade w/o some logic already in mod_proxy_http, and which does not
play well with mod_proxy_http either when the requested (sub)paths
collide.

I'm proposing it now (quite quickly) to see if the approach looks
relevant/suitable/viable (and I could work further on it), or if it is
simply not a good idea :)

Thoughts?