httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BalancerPersist "relaxable" checks (was: svn commit: r1733283 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/STATUS)
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 22:47:34 GMT
On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 8:08 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> Hmmm... iirc, if there is a mismatch, the old files are
> automagically removed.

You are right, I was still influenced by PR58024 triggering AH02599
(painful fix), but that was due to the missing unlink() semantic on
Windows...

I still think AH02599 can be triggered on unclean shutdown, with name
based SHMs when the cleanup is not called (this has nothing to do with
mod_proxy_hcheck, though).

Couldn't we use anonymous SHMs for slotmem_shm(s) since we
create/destroy them for each restart anyway?
I don't think the apr_shm_attach() path in slotmem_create() should
ever be hit (thanks to the caching of in 'globallistmem' of the
process' created SHMs, and other processes should use slotmem_attach()
anyway).
Hmm, I may miss some Windows MPM thingy again...