httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1736251 - in /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x: ./ modules/http2/h2_filter.c
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 11:06:04 GMT
On Wed, Mar 23, 2016 at 10:43 AM, Plüm, Rüdiger, Vodafone Group
<ruediger.pluem@vodafone.com> wrote:
> In http_log.h we have a similar problem and solve that either as a macro or as a function
> depending on our capabilities:

Depending on AP_HAVE_C99 is not worth it for this (bbout) very local usage IMHO.
The macro used apr_brigade_printf() which finally calls
apr_brigade_vprintf(), so we have the same call chain as before (no
more function calls).

But sure, for ap_log_* functions, having C99 helps not evaluating the
arguments when they don't need to (but beware of side effects in args
which would "work" in C89 and not C99+ ;)

Regards,
Yann.