httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: state of h2 (long)
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 16:04:26 GMT

> On Mar 1, 2016, at 9:46 AM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
>
> On 29 Feb 2016, at 10:33 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>
>> I've been digging into how we could better leverage serf on the mod_proxy
>> side w/o going the route of mod_serf itself...  Agreed that using
>> pollsets et.al. would be useful. Maybe some of the motorz mpm logic
>> could be used by mod_proxy…?
>
> I currently think everything we need is now there.
>
> I am in the process of adding TCP protocol support to the core and to the proxy (in other
words we can be a TCP proxy in addition to an HTTP proxy), and am trying to see what problems
we run into that stop us doing this asynchronously.

WOW! That is super cool!

Really looking forward to it!

> (What I want to achieve is an SNI proxy, in other words a TCP proxy that interprets enough
of an SSL handshake to extract the SNI header, and use that name as the basis of a TCP tunnel
to some backend server which then completes that SSL handshake. My end goal is that I can
TLS client certificate all the way to a backend server without terminating that TLS connection
on the proxy, and not use a dedicated IP per endpoint.)