httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: conn_rec needs a context
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 11:23:54 GMT
+1

> Am 02.03.2016 um 12:21 schrieb Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com>:
>

>> On Mar 1, 2016, at 7:09 PM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> In order to get connections to have async behaviour, it must be possible for the
process_connection hook to exit in the expectation of being called again when an async mpm
is present - this is easy, the mpms already do that.

>> The missing bit is that conn_rec needs a context so that when is is called a second
time it knows what state it is in.

>> There is a void *ctx variable that was added in r1565657, but I’m not sure it is
enough.

>> Would it make sense to add a vector of contexts that same way we have a vector of
configs, one slot for each module, which will allow any module to add a context of it’s
own to conn_rec without having to extend conn_rec?