httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject conn_rec needs a context
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 00:09:31 GMT
Hi all,

In order to get connections to have async behaviour, it must be possible for the process_connection
hook to exit in the expectation of being called again when an async mpm is present - this
is easy, the mpms already do that.

The missing bit is that conn_rec needs a context so that when is is called a second time it
knows what state it is in.

There is a void *ctx variable that was added in r1565657, but I’m not sure it is enough.

Would it make sense to add a vector of contexts that same way we have a vector of configs,
one slot for each module, which will allow any module to add a context of it’s own to conn_rec
without having to extend conn_rec?

It would be nice to have the same for requests, for the same reason.

Thoughts?

Regards,
Graham
—