httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject httpd + systemd
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2016 09:57:11 GMT
Hi all,

I am trying to come up with a vanilla systemd unit file so that our RPM packaging contains
a sensible startup on systemd environments, but I’m struggling.

With the unit file below the “systemctl restart httpd” command hangs. Usually the server
starts fine, but then the server is stopped by something a short while afterwards for no clear
reason. According to google the hang in systemctl happens for many people, systemctl is waiting
for a message that never comes, but the causes are widely varied and I am struggling to figure
out exactly what is wrong.

What I am trying to achieve is a simple daemon start, with no mod_systemd (which isn’t part
of core httpd).

Can anyone point out any obvious errors in the following?

[Unit]
Description=The Apache HTTP Server
After=network.target remote-fs.target nss-lookup.target
Documentation=man:httpd(8)
Documentation=man:apachectl(8)

[Service]
Type=forking
PIDFile=/var/run/httpd.pid
EnvironmentFile=/etc/sysconfig/httpd
ExecStart=/usr/sbin/httpd $OPTIONS
ExecReload=/usr/sbin/httpd $OPTIONS -k graceful
ExecStop=/bin/kill -WINCH ${MAINPID}
# We want systemd to give httpd some time to finish gracefully, but still want
# it to kill httpd after TimeoutStopSec if something went wrong during the
# graceful stop. Normally, Systemd sends SIGTERM signal right after the
# ExecStop, which would kill httpd. We are sending useless SIGCONT here to give
# httpd time to finish.
KillSignal=SIGCONT
PrivateTmp=true

[Install]