httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1725149 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/manual/mod/core.xml include/ap_mmn.h include/http_core.h server/core.c
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 15:45:33 GMT
To close the loop, I made this implicit and added it to the backport
proposal.  I think handler strings should
be safe enough.

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 5:03 AM, Graham Leggett <minfrin@sharp.fm> wrote:
> On 18 Jan 2016, at 1:40 AM, covener@apache.org wrote:
>
>> Author: covener
>> Date: Sun Jan 17 23:40:09 2016
>> New Revision: 1725149

>> Log:
>> allow expressions to be used in SetHandler. Opt-in with expr= prefix.
>
> I am -0.9 on the opt-in with expr= syntax.
>
> Almost all the directives with expression support simply support expressions. Except
for the one or two that don’t, which forces our end users to either know or constantly check
the manual to work out which is which. We can’t even cleanly detect a possible error - if
the person puts in an expression by accident where an expr= is needed there is no way the
server can detect that. This is really nasty.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com