httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: ABI report
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 17:57:52 GMT
This is excellent, thanks for the effort!

You should note that there was no binary compatibility between 2.2.x final
and 2.4.x.  And there will be no binary compatibility between 2.next (3.0?)
and 2.4.x.  The interesting branches to compare for 2.2.next and 2.4.next
to anticipate any binary breakage before we release would be in subversion
under the paths;

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x

while 2.next (3.0) with binary-breaking changes lives at the path;
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/httpd/trunk

This looks like a great tool, much appreciated :)

Bill