httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: mod_proxy_http2
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 21:13:32 GMT
very very cool!

> On Feb 8, 2016, at 12:07 PM, Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>
> FYI: I just checked in a very experimental mod_proxy_http2 that registers on h2:// and
h2c:// proxy URLs. I did this naming to have the module totally separate from mod_proxy_http,
not wanting to make a mess. So a sample configuration looks like:

>    <IfModule proxy_http2_module>
>        <Proxy "balancer://h2-local">
>            BalancerMember "h2://test.example.org:12346"
>        </Proxy>
>        ProxyPass "/h2proxy" "balancer://h2-local"
>        ProxyPassReverse "/h2proxy" "balancer://h2-local"
>    </IfModule>
>
> For this to work I added a connection note "proxy-request-alpn-protos" that is used by
mod_ssl to set the ALPN protocols on the SSL instance.

> The module so far re-uses connections from earlier requests, but does not do parallel
requests on one connection. So, there is no real benefit in using that right now. The idea
is to get it working nicely with frontend connections done via HTTP/2 so that multiple HTTP/2
streams on the same frontend connection use a single proxy connection. That would be one step
into usefulness.

> For the time being, I do not foresee this it be back ported to 2.4.x until more work
is done here.

> One thing: the ssl_hostname that is used for SNI by the generic proxy utils seems to
get lost when the socket needs to reset and is then not available on the next connect. That
should affect mod_proxy_http as far as I can tell. Maybe someone with more experience in that
module wants to take a look.