httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: event mpm and slave connections
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 09:27:57 GMT
Sure, Bill. Love to have your feedback on this and make it work for mod_ftp, too.

> Am 30.01.2016 um 06:04 schrieb William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>:
>
> If you can give me a few days (not httpd'ing again until
> late Sun eve) - this is very close to the issues we have
> in mod_ftp with the data connection/request aside the
> control connection.  The right patch will improve both
> sets of dirty hacks :)
>
> Thanks for the proposal!
>
> Bill
>
> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 7:01 AM, Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de>
wrote:
> I would like to propose some additions to event that help me get rid of two ugly hacks
in mod_http2:

> 1. Initialization of slave connections
>    event registers on pre_connection hook and checks if c is a slave (c->master) and
if the connection state is either not there or the same as master (pointer copy). It then
sets up a new cs using the slave connection pool.

> 2. Initialization of server config
>    event keeps in its private connection state parts the server configuration (queues
for timeouts and keepalives) that are unique to each server because of Timeout and KeepAliveTimeout
settings. Normally, theses are set on post_read_request hooks which is fine and well. On master
connections however, these hooks may never get called so the server config remains stuck on
the connections base server.
>    In the case of SNI however, we know which server this connection is intended for and
should use its Timeouts. This is done by installing an early protocol_switch hook that sees
connections updates and server_rec and initializes its connection state accordingly.