httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: balancer-manager docs
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2016 20:25:23 GMT
The more I think of it, a HowTo guide, like the ones we have
for public_html, Authn&Authz, etc regarding reverse proxy
makes the most sense...

> On Feb 9, 2016, at 12:55 PM, Tim Bannister <isoma@c8h10n4o2.org.uk> wrote:
>
> On 9 Feb 2016, at 16:02, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:
>> Am 09.02.2016 um 13:25 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>>> We currently have really really little info about the balancer-manager in our
docs, just a short little blurb on how to enable it and a brief description of what it does
[1]. I'd like to extend that, but does it make sense to add it to the mod_proxy_balancer module
page, or have a separate page dedicated to it which we can link to?

>>> 1. https://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/mod/mod_proxy_balancer.html
>>
>> Adding even more questions:
>>
>> I always think it is confusing for newbies, that all configuration directives for
any mod_proxy_* are documented on the mod_proxy page. Although this reflects the code, config
is done by mod_proxy, it is not what a user would expect. If e.g. He is working with a balancer,
he would expect more info about how to configure a balancer in the mod_proxy_balancer page.