httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Brad Nicholes" <BNICHO...@netiq.com>
Subject Re: Netware proxy makefiles and USE_STDSOCKETS
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2016 22:17:00 GMT
Rainer,
    It has actually been quite a while since I have been on this list.  I did most of the
initial Netware port of Apache.  Apache for Netware uses its own implementation of Winsock
as the socket layer.  This is the reason why the make files specify not to use the standard
sockets.  The Netware version of Winsock also has it's own implementation of SSL which is
why most of the time mod_ssl is not used by Apache for Netware.  Basically, the Apache for
Netware make files should always be building with Winsock.

thanks,
Brad