httpd-dev mailing list archives

From NormW <no...@gknw.net>
Subject Re: Netware proxy makefiles and USE_STDSOCKETS
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2016 18:33:47 GMT
G/M Rainer
On 6/02/2016 10:28 PM, Rainer Jung wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> most of the proxy makefiles contain the following block:
>
> # Don't link with Winsock if standard sockets are being used
> ifndef USE_STDSOCKETS
> FILES_nlm_Ximports += @ws2nlm.imp \
>          $(EOLIST)
> endif
>

> But it is missing from:
>
> - NWGNUproxycon
> - NWGNUproxywstunnel
> - all of the NWGNUproxylbm_... files
>
> Is there a reason for this? Can it be added to all of them? Could it
> then be moved to NWGNUmakefile instead?
>
> Regards,
>
> Rainer
At a Guess ,No. NetWare's default build is to use Novsockets, and if an
nlm links without issue it should have no issue with then. Once the sun
is up I will try a build using STD_SOCKETS=1 and see what if anything
breaks. Being a 're;ative' newbie I'd I've if sockeys are these need to
be attended, but the geral rule is if the compiler is happy go with the
flow.

Will advise later today.

Norm