httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Proxy_Util needs another export.
Date Sat, 06 Feb 2016 00:38:22 GMT
Hi Norm,

Am 05.02.2016 um 22:58 schrieb NormW:
> G/M Rainer,
> I'd say this is getting much closer now:
> The only symbol that doesn't seem to make it into mod_proxy's export
> list is 'proxy_module' itself. The build log for /proxy looks like:

It should make it to mod_proxy's export list, because like in other
cases it is now part of modules/proxy/NWGNUproxy:

FILES_nlm_exports = \
         @mod_proxy.imp \
         proxy_module \
         $(EOLIST)

But it seems it doesn't get imported correctly and I hope I understood
why. In the proxy case, all accompanying mod_proxy_xxx modules need
access to the proxy_module symbol to read their config. In the case of
other modules from which I borrowed the export/import style, like cache
and dav, the accompanying modules do not need to access cache_module or
dav_module. So that symbol wasn't imported. Since we need it for all
proxy modules, I fixed the awk script to add it and hope this works now.

I agree, we are getting closer :)

Thanks a bunch for your patience.

Rainer