httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: Proxy_Util needs another export.
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 12:35:36 GMT
Am 05.02.2016 um 12:14 schrieb NormW:
> G/E 9.51pm in Oz
> Updated http-trunk (last mod_proxy.h by Yann) and now get the following:
>
>> Building D:/Projects/svn/httpd-trunk/modules/proxy
>> Calling NWGNUproxy
>> GEN  obj_release/proxy_cc.opt
>> CC   mod_proxy.c
>> CC   proxy_util.c
>> CC   ../arch/netware/libprews.c
>> GEN  obj_release/proxy_link.opt
>> LINK obj_release/proxy.nlm
>> ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
>> #   Undefined symbol: ap_proxy_connect_uds in
>> #   Export list
>> ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
>> #   Undefined symbol: proxy_hook_create_req in
>> #   Export list
>> ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
>> #   Undefined symbol: proxy_hook_detach_backend in
>> #   Export list
>> ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
>> #   Undefined symbol: proxy_hook_fixups in
>> #   Export list
>> ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
>> #   Undefined symbol: proxy_hook_get_create_req in
>> #   Export list
>> ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
>> #   Undefined symbol: proxy_hook_get_detach_backend in
>> #   Export list
>> ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
>> #   Undefined symbol: proxy_hook_get_fixups in
>> #   Export list
>> ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
>> #   Undefined symbol: proxy_hook_get_request_status in
>> #   Export list
>> ### mwldnlm Linker Error:
>> #   Undefined symbol: proxy_hook_request_status in
>> #   Export list
>>
>> Errors caused tool to abort.
> The error 'Export list says it is in the .imp file to be exported, but
> the symbol can't be found. In proxy_util.c this function is preceeded by:
>> #if APR_HAVE_SYS_UN_H
>> /* TODO: In APR 2.x: Extend apr_sockaddr_t to possibly be a path !!! */
>> PROXY_DECLARE(apr_status_t) ap_proxy_connect_uds(apr_socket_t *sock,
>>                                                  const char *uds_path,
>>                                                  apr_pool_t *p)
>> {
> In NetWare's case APR_HAVE_SYS_UN_H is 0. The major use of sys/un.h is
> (AFAIK) defines for (IIRC) Unix sockets, which NetWare never got, but a
> very abbreviated sys/un.h does exist - Novell never got around to
> supporting all the features, so it's disabled in APR.

OK, understood. In this case I found it best to ad a stub impl for
platforms which don't support sys/un.h.

> The proxy_* symbols not found are (IIRC) due to assumptions made in the
> awk script that are needed to work for the server proper (ie if one
> symbol is found assume others also present), but that assumption doesn't
> work in proxy....

I found a difference between the proxy hooks for which all three
symbols, proxy_hook_xxx, proxy_hook_get_xxx and proxy_run_xxx exist, and
those which do only have the run symbol. I then added a marker macro to
mod_proxy.h to allow the awk script to distinguish between them.

Can you please try again? I'm confident we won't have many more
iterations in front of us.

Regards,

Rainer