httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Joachim Achtzehnter <joac...@kraut.ca>
Subject Re: HTTPS connections lock-up with 2.4.18
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 20:34:51 GMT
On 2016-02-01 4:19, Yann Ylavic wrote:
> This restores the previous (pre 2.4.18) behaviour of flushing output
> on every read, which I'd prefer to avoid, if possible.
>
> Could you provide some network capture (tcpdump, wireshark...) when
> the lock-up occurs?

I'll work on capturing this, in the meantime I tried your patch below.

> Is EnableMMap somehow always involded here (you mention it in the

I had mentioned this because we have some requests passed through a
custom handler, not serviced from the filesystem, and these never seem
to exhibit the problem. All the failing requests I've debugged were
serviced by Apache itself directly from the filesystem, and Apache used
mmap for this. I can try disabling mmap to see if the problem goes away.

> That would help to build a reproducer...
>
> Maybe the attached patch could be "enough" to fix the issue?

It does not. The behaviour is exactly as with the original 2.4.18
version. Note, that the problem is reproduced consistently. Requests
that get stuck always get stuck every time I try to repeat it. If this
was somehow related to renegotiation, would it not be more variable?

> This patch also includes some minimal logging (level NOTICE) to help
> diagnose in case of lock-up, still.

The log output for a failing request is attached.

Thanks,

Joachim

--
joachim@kraut.ca http://www.kraut.ca