httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Worker states for balancer members
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2016 14:21:58 GMT

> On Feb 3, 2016, at 9:09 AM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jaguNET.com> wrote:
>

> Right now, the health check module only worries about checking
> workers which are USABLE, which is a worker which is !DISABLED
> and !STOPPED and !IN_ERROR (basically).

Actually, that's not the case, and something I wanted to
discuss. Right now, the health-check process checks ALL
workers... and it simply sets or clears the HC_FAIL flag
(which marks the worker as !USABLE).

My plan is to update it so that it checks all workers
EXCEPT those in STOPPED (this would also differentiate
STOPPED and DISABLED). The question is, if the health check
passes, should it also clear the IN_ERROR flag? I think it
should.

Sooo

STOPPED: Never sent proxy traffic. Never health-checked. Never
         re-tried. Never automatically re-enabled.

DISABLED: Never sent proxy traffic. Is health-checked. Retried.
          Could be automatically re-enabled.

Health-Check:
   o On success, clears HC_FAIL and IN_ERROR (USABLE)
   o On failure, sets HC_FAIL (!USABLE)