httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1725149 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/manual/mod/core.xml include/ap_mmn.h include/http_core.h server/core.c
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2016 10:03:38 GMT
On 18 Jan 2016, at 1:40 AM, covener@apache.org wrote:

> Author: covener
> Date: Sun Jan 17 23:40:09 2016
> New Revision: 1725149

> Log:
> allow expressions to be used in SetHandler. Opt-in with expr= prefix.

I am -0.9 on the opt-in with expr= syntax.

Almost all the directives with expression support simply support expressions. Except for the
one or two that don’t, which forces our end users to either know or constantly check the
manual to work out which is which. We can’t even cleanly detect a possible error - if the
person puts in an expression by accident where an expr= is needed there is no way the server
can detect that. This is really nasty.

If we want opt-in expression support we need some kind of Expression +Foo statement to control
this.

Regards,
Graham
—