httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject event mpm and slave connections
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 13:01:30 GMT
I would like to propose some additions to event that help me get rid of two ugly hacks in mod_http2:

1. Initialization of slave connections
   event registers on pre_connection hook and checks if c is a slave (c->master) and if
the connection state is either not there or the same as master (pointer copy). It then sets
up a new cs using the slave connection pool.

2. Initialization of server config
   event keeps in its private connection state parts the server configuration (queues for
timeouts and keepalives) that are unique to each server because of Timeout and KeepAliveTimeout
settings. Normally, theses are set on post_read_request hooks which is fine and well. On master
connections however, these hooks may never get called so the server config remains stuck on
the connections base server.
   In the case of SNI however, we know which server this connection is intended for and should
use its Timeouts. This is done by installing an early protocol_switch hook that sees connections
updates and server_rec and initializes its connection state accordingly.

Please vote on the attached patch. I do not want to mess with event without having some moral
backup...

-Stefan