httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: async keepalive in http/2
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 14:16:09 GMT
On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Stefan Eissing
<stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:
> With the timeout behaviour of SSL reads fixed, I am making another attempt at have http/2
connections behave properly in async MPMs, e.g. event. One thing for that necessary as change
in server is the hook to send a last GOAWAY frame before the connection is closed. Not sending
it seems to confuse browsers, leading to unwanted failure of the subsequent request.

> You opinion therefore is required. On inspection of the connection shutdown handling,
it seems that *all* MPM modules call, directly or indirectly, ap_start_lingering_close().
Keepalive connections are still healthy at this point and pool cleanup happens later, so this
seems to be the place to install a new hook:

> AP_DECLARE_HOOK(int,pre_close_connection,(conn_rec *c)) as RUN_ALL
>
> Does this seem like the right place? Is the name any good?
>
> (forget the question about naming, should not have disturbed the beast...)

Sounds reasonable, and c->pool cleanups you probably found are too
late to write anything.