httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Eissing <stefan.eiss...@greenbytes.de>
Subject Re: async keepalive in http/2
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 14:17:18 GMT

> Am 22.01.2016 um 15:16 schrieb Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com>:
>
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Stefan Eissing
> <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>> With the timeout behaviour of SSL reads fixed, I am making another attempt at have
http/2 connections behave properly in async MPMs, e.g. event. One thing for that necessary
as change in server is the hook to send a last GOAWAY frame before the connection is closed.
Not sending it seems to confuse browsers, leading to unwanted failure of the subsequent request.

>> You opinion therefore is required. On inspection of the connection shutdown handling,
it seems that *all* MPM modules call, directly or indirectly, ap_start_lingering_close().
Keepalive connections are still healthy at this point and pool cleanup happens later, so this
seems to be the place to install a new hook:

>> AP_DECLARE_HOOK(int,pre_close_connection,(conn_rec *c)) as RUN_ALL
>>
>> Does this seem like the right place? Is the name any good?
>>
>> (forget the question about naming, should not have disturbed the beast...)
>
> Sounds reasonable, and c->pool cleanups you probably found are too
> late to write anything.

Indeed. All MPMs seem to cleanup pools way afterwards. Which is correct, I believe.