httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: async keepalive in http/2
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 15:13:30 GMT
+1

> On Jan 22, 2016, at 9:17 AM, Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>

>> Am 22.01.2016 um 15:16 schrieb Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com>:
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Stefan Eissing
>> <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>>> With the timeout behaviour of SSL reads fixed, I am making another attempt at
have http/2 connections behave properly in async MPMs, e.g. event. One thing for that necessary
as change in server is the hook to send a last GOAWAY frame before the connection is closed.
Not sending it seems to confuse browsers, leading to unwanted failure of the subsequent request.

>>> You opinion therefore is required. On inspection of the connection shutdown handling,
it seems that *all* MPM modules call, directly or indirectly, ap_start_lingering_close().
Keepalive connections are still healthy at this point and pool cleanup happens later, so this
seems to be the place to install a new hook: