httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: Work in progress: mod_proxy Health Check module
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 12:59:29 GMT

> On Jan 20, 2016, at 3:34 AM, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:
>
> Am 20.01.2016 um 01:57 schrieb Jim Jagielski:
>> Right now GET and CPING (as well as provider) is on my
>> TODO, in fact, they are currently set as "unimplemented"
>> although the hooks are there.
>>
>> The main issue is that we need to worry about a (possibly)
>> large response body and some method of checking against
>> that. I have some ideas, but it's not as "easy" as it
>> was using ap_expr.
>
> I wouldn't worry to much about the resource use in case of large response bodies. As
long as we warn in the docs. Most uses of this advanced feature should end up using a special
probing page in the backend (application). GET instead of HEAD is nice though, because that
page can include some small status info which can be evaluated using the expr.

The only thing I can't figure out yet is that ap_expr doesn't
seem to be able to work on the response *body*, at least,
I haven't seen where it is able to do so. So I'll need to figure
out how to "trick" it to do so.

> Cool stuff!

Thx!