httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: reverse proxy wishlist
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 17:39:41 GMT
On Thu, Dec 3, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Houser, Rick <rick.houser@jackson.com> wrote:
> An async mod_proxy backend would be huge for my workloads.  In the JEE space I deal with,
much more time is spent waiting on the application backends then with the clients, especially
now that we have the event mpm.  Something like this would allow me to drastically reduce
thread counts and free up a lot of associated memory.

Out of curiosity, is it usually time to first byte where the delays show up?
I am wondering if there is a big bang-for-the-buck enhancement possible there
that doesn't prereq changes to some of the areas where hopping on and off the
thread is more complicated.