httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2.4 pause - mod_http2 patchset Upgrade h2c vs mod_ssl Upgrade tls
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 00:32:37 GMT
On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 1:13 AM, William A Rowe Jr <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 6:07 PM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> The 100-continue case isn't a particular one IMHO, any Upgrade header
>> would be informative, not authoritative (not a 101 status).
>
> Not sure what you mean.  If an Upgrade: request is recieved and declined,
> you are right, there is no 101-switching protocols, just the typical
> http/1.1
> response following any 100-continue negotiated request body.

I mean if httpd honors a 100-continue, it has to be done before the
101 Switching Protocols, either in the http_filter (like currently),
or if the request is proxyed and we implement end-to-end 100-continue
(I'm working on this), by forwarding the backend's 100-continue.
Then we can upgrade with 101 for the real response.

It's not different than a normal request with a body and no
100-continue expection IMHO.