httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade when !ap_request_has_body(r) only for 2.4.18? (was: svn commit: r1718595 - /httpd/httpd/branches/2.4.x/STATUS)
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 16:11:31 GMT
On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 3:17 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:
> My only suggestion is that instead of willy-nilly suggesting
> patches that will be included in a release, that we actually take
> time to think of the correct patch, to implement it and TEST against
> it and only THEN have it backported.
>
> Please.

Suggestions have to start somewhere, I did not mean to rush on this,
just expecting feedbacks (including ones like yours, which is indeed
very sensible :)

My point was that if we were backport r1717816 in 2.4.18 (for OPTIONS
to work back), we needed more changes for RFC-compliance wrt TLS/1.x
Upgrades, the one w/o the other is not suitable.

So I think we all agree on the need to think/test more about this ;)