httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Yann Ylavic <ylavic....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade Summary
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 11:29:41 GMT
On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 12:18 PM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 11:54 AM, Stefan Eissing
> <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:
>>
>> Am 08.12.2015 um 11:44 schrieb Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 11:07 AM, Stefan Eissing

filter, return and have it being processed normally. The output filter would then send the
101 and do the TLS handshake. Would that work?

>>> The issue is that this output filter would have to both read and write
>>> during the TLS handshake, not sure this is suitable.
>>
>> Ok, maybe from pre_read_request hook then?
>
> Hmm, pre_read of the second request, interesting.

Actually no, the previous response has to be Upgraded, so for the TLS
case we'd have needed the handshake already.
Also, pre_read has no server_rec selected, so on which configuration
would we base the upgrade on...

> But maybe output filter could work too after all, we'd need to set the
> correct CONN_SENSE for event to do right thing?

Looks like the most suitable option if that can work.