httpd-dev mailing list archives

From William A Rowe Jr <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: 2.4 pause - mod_http2 patchset Upgrade h2c vs mod_ssl Upgrade tls
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 00:27:20 GMT
On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 6:15 PM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 8, 2015 at 1:07 AM, Yann Ylavic <ylavic.dev@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > the body ought to be
> > set aside for any (relevant) TLS response (which needs the
> > handshake...).
>
> Hmm, no need to set aside, *unless* with must produce a response
> before the entire body (and the handshake) is read.
> But we'd better not Upgrade in this case...

Yes, there is a set aside, because the handler will read from the filter
stack... the handler phase has not yet occurred, and other content
input filters may be inserted to transform the request body.

The upgrade switch would occur before the request content handler
is invoked, in all cases (post_read_request, or later during fixups
or the very beginning of invoke_handler).