httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: scoreboard and http2
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 13:57:46 GMT
On 09 Dec 2015, at 3:49 PM, Stefan Eissing <stefan.eissing@greenbytes.de> wrote:

> For the next 2.4 release, I would like to add scoreboard support to mod_http2.
>
> There are several options for doing so and I would like your feedback on which
> route we should take. I try to outline what options I see:
>
> A) Make mod_http2 workers general MPM workers. They would then become
>   part of scoreboard without changes to the board itself.

It is the goal of the MPM to care about the architecture of the machine, and know about processes/threads/etc.

Option A is the only real option - we cannot allow the h2 stuff to mess up the clean separation
between the architecture of each platform and the core of the server itself.

Regards,
Graham
—