httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: reverse proxy wishlist
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2015 21:42:18 GMT
Thx! assuming slow backends, how would you like httpd to
handle it: should it just slurp in the data from the backend
and buffer it and send it to the client all in one go? Should
it instead forward data as soon as it gets it?
> On Dec 3, 2015, at 12:36 PM, Houser, Rick <rick.houser@jackson.com> wrote:
>
> An async mod_proxy backend would be huge for my workloads.  In the JEE space I deal with,
much more time is spent waiting on the application backends then with the clients, especially
now that we have the event mpm.  Something like this would allow me to drastically reduce
thread counts and free up a lot of associated memory.