httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Noel Butler <noel.but...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: 2.4.18?
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 12:27:14 GMT
On 17/11/2015 18:02, Stefan Eissing wrote:
>> Am 17.11.2015 um 08:13 schrieb Noel Butler <noel.butler@ausics.net>:
>>
>>> On 17/11/2015 03:05, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>>> My plan is to T&R 2.4.18 sometime next week in hopes of a formal
>>> release the beginning of Dec.
>>
>> ??? We only had 2.4.17  5 weeks ago, why the rush?
>
> Uhm. When would be a better time for you to get fixes and functional
> improvements?
>
> //Stefan

when there is
1/ serious security issue that need to be addresses immediately, or,
2/ when there are enough stable new functions to warrant it - just like
every other project out there that has a stable product.

We need to loose this desire to release often mentality, I can accept
every 3 or 4 months which is how its generally been done in the past,
but 5 or 6 bloody weeks? thats a concern, for reasons I outlayed to
Graham, it says, " ohh its flawed release, and when it happens a few
times people think " oh FFS, must be more stable software than this" and
over time the userbase dwindles away.

--
If you have the urge to reply to all rather than reply to list, you best
read  http://members.ausics.net/qwerty/